r.l. Stevenson Elementary welcomes you!
Stevenson aspires to provide rich and memorable experiences for students. We believe in inquiry-based and hands-on learning. We believe students learn by doing and must be at the center of learning. Stevenson has a new STEM lab where all students will be able to engage in hands-on learning. We work to provide signature programs to bring out the talents of our scholars. This includes Lego League Jr, Bedtime Math, and Perennial Challenge Math teams which help our scholars grow a love for math and for science. Students have after-school opportunities including our Stevenson Coders who explore and work to become computer programmers. Students with a passion for music can join our Early Bird Choir which lets our students that love to sing shine.
We provide a positive and safe learning environment. Stevenson CARES is our motto. We cooperate with each other, we work to show our appreciation for each individual student and their unique characteristics, we respect ourselves, one another, and our school, and through empathy, we learn to exhibit the qualities that teach us how to embrace our diversity.
Put it all together and Cooperation + Appreciation + Respect + Empathy = SUCCESS!
Stevenson Elementary School serves students in grades K-4. Our school received authorization to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) in 2010. IB World Schools share a common philosophy: a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education that we believe is important for our students. The primary goal of the PYP is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who help create a better and more peaceful world through their action. PYP provides a framework for organizing curriculum and delivering instruction.
Students at Stevenson Elementary Schools benefit from:
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme
- Whole child approach to education
- Inquiry-based instruction
- Taking action model & school-wide service projects
- Spanish as a second language, beginning in Kindergarten
- Relevant and engaging curriculum involving real-world connections
- World culture and family engagement nights
- Committed and compassionate teachers who build one-on-one relationships with students
Meet the Principal
A Message From The Principal
I am Veronica Mathison, the proud principal of our International Baccalaureate World School. I am passionate about the important work we do as I am dedicated to providing an exceptional school experience for each and every one of our Stevenson scholars. I can’t wait to partner with you to achieve the Fridley mission, which centers on supporting your children to be caring, knowledgeable students who show curiosity and develop a lifelong love for learning. We have an exceptionally dedicated staff with a passion to lead each and every child to success and bring out their talents.
No matter what needs your child may have, you will find a warm, welcoming, child-centered learning community here at Stevenson. We nurture social and emotional learning as we believe in a whole child approach to education. We understand that every child is unique, holds individual gifts, hopes, and dreams. Our job is to inspire in each child a love of learning and a passion to pursue their dreams. At Stevenson, we make learning meaningful so students are engaged in learning that brings incredible academic growth! We are a richly diverse school and attract over 100 students from other area school districts each year.
I invite you to visit our school and see the wonderful things Stevenson has to offer:
- A passionate, caring, and skilled group of educators
- Individualized student instruction that meets students wherever they may be academically
- Nurturing counseling services for our students
- Free breakfast and snack program for every student
- STEM lab for inquiry-based learning
- After-school academic enrichment programs
- An outdoor classroom overlooking the Mississippi River
- Rain garden for real-life hands-on learning
- Engaging field trips that support classroom learning
- Gym, Music, Spanish, Art and Technology
- Before and after-school child-care available in the district
Please contact me if you have any questions. I’d enjoy giving you a tour and showing you all that Stevenson has to offer. We invite you to become part of the Stevenson community. Please call our front office at 763-502-5302 to schedule a visit today.