Stevenson Elementary School serves students in grades K-4. Our school received authorization to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) in 2010.
The primary goal of the PYP is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who help create a better and more peaceful world through their action. PYP provides a framework for organizing curriculum and delivering instruction. All grade levels focus their curriculum around the same six themes of global significance. Themes include:
- Who we are
- Where we are in place and time
- How we express ourselves
- How the world works
- How we organize ourselves
- Sharing the planet
For questions on academic standards and curriculum, please contact our Director of Teaching and Learning, John Piotrascke at 763-502-5005.
Stevenson Elementary School
is an International
Baccalaureate World School.
Students at Stevenson Elementary Schools benefit from:
- Whole child approach to education
- Inquiry-based instruction
- Taking action model & school-wide service projects
- Spanish as a second language, beginning in Kindergarten
- Relevant and engaging curriculum involving real-world connections
- World culture and family engagement nights